Einigkeit und...

October 3rd... is German unification day.

Unfortunately my home is less than unified right now... lol but let's not talk about politics.

I had to work today but since it's no kids lessons week, I got to have some peace and quiet - too much peace and quiet for some of it, though because I was bored out of my mind for the first few hours because I had NOTHING to do and the tasks the manager was giving me took like 10 minutes to complete.

I bothered her later to give me more stuff to do because really, I was so bored and had already done everything else. She then gave me another task but was like 'omg you don't have to do this if it's difficult and everything' and it turned out to be a super simple "sort this thing" task. She said I could just do one day's worth because it was 'oh so difficult' but uh... I ended up doing the entire week's worth of stuff and she almost cried like "you are a god" (lit. KAMI-SAMA!!).

I also did stuff on the computer and she was like 'this is my first time seeing a foreign teacher being able to use this' and wow I can't even... but I guess not all the teachers put in the same amount of effort or even bother with these things or...well yeah. I'm just glad I could a.) kill time and b.) help her do things and not have her do it all by herself because holy shit she already has enough on her plate.

Might be my mother hen but ... I mean at this point I'm usually older than most of the staff at the schools I work at, so I'm always quick to take care of them and try to support them and help them out. Also, if you do things together, they're not as bad and don't take as much time.

Oh...we also started to tell students today that I will be leaving this school at the end of the month.

One of my students was already super sad about it and man sometimes I wish I could just take some students with me but that would be a really bad idea ^^; although I've seen it happen. Especially now that you can bridge longer distances with online lessons. Knocking on wood but so far no one has cried. At my last school some of my students cried when I announced that I was going to leave and it broke my heart.

But such is life.

Aight, I'm going to end it here today. I made it in time! (giri but hey)

But yeah my brain is kind of mush after a week of work *blobs*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knowledge is power (aka Wissen ist Macht)

quo vadis - where will the road lead you

Okay, I give in, here's a blog - Kira Life Update